£40000 - £55000 per annum + + Benefits
12 months ago
This is a technical business analyst role, bridging between the product owner and business stakeholders and developers to determine what and how we will implement the desired features and a great opportunity for people with directly comparable expertise and senior software developers who wish to get closer to the line of business. Strong active listening and analytical skills are essential to this role.
This is a detail-oriented role where precision matters. Financial services experience is useful, although it doesn't need to be specifically in share registration. Core technical skills must include Object Oriented Analysis and Design, using UML and edging into database design too. You will be designing solutions including business logic and algorithms, data storage and manipulation, API definitions and user interfaces. We predominantly use Microsoft development tech and tools so experience with these is helpful.
The core activities of the Solution Design team are:
* Interpret and support the elaboration of business requirements
* Devise and design software solutions to then:
* Work within IT to agree and estimate the delivery costs for the proposed solution
* Work with Business and external stakeholders to agree the proposed solution
* Act as the IT solution subject matter expert during all phases of the solutions delivery
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience skills and behaviours:
* Excellent stakeholder management skills: able to "draw out" the requirements of others and identify areas that may have not been previously considered
* Capable of creating a highly compelling and accurate programme of requirements that consider all stakeholders
* Proven track record of producing accurate and pragmatic estimates for all stages of work
* Ability to identify, escalate and manage risks, issues and actions
* Driven to update your skills, awareness and understanding of developments in the wider commercial world and capable of bringing relevant ideas "to the table"
* Knowledge of and experience in using Object Orientated Analysis and Design and the Unified Modelling Language
* Experience of working within a software delivery lifecycle as part of multiple project teams
* Experience in the financial sector preferred but not essential
* Knowledge of/experience in ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library)
* Awareness of IT Data Security standards
* Experienced in using source control and bug tracking tools
* Knowledge of/experience in working to different software delivery models
* Experience in SQL Server and high level database design preferred but not essential
* Knowledge of/experience in enterprise development technologies and tools
If you are an experienced Solution Designer looking for a new opportunity, please apply with your CV
The JM Group is operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. The JM Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.