about 1 month ago
Job Category: Finance
Job Type: Contract
Office Location: Bridgend, Wales - Southeast Wales, United Kingdom
Baseline Security Clearance REQUIRED
The JM Longbridge Group have partnered with a leading IT/consulting service, to support their search in finding a Finance Manager.
This a remote FTC (4 months) however project work may require visits to their Bridgend offices or other sites across the UK.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
* Manage statutory audit with external auditors including obtaining Corporate office approvals on statutory financial statements and GAAP reconciliation
* Ensure monthly compliance accounting, tax payments and filing of returns covering all jurisdictions under different statutes [including providing statutory guidance / updates to user departments], including GST/VAT, customs, foreign indirect tax refund claims, GAAP financial statements and other local compliance requirements.
* Demonstrate technical accounting expertise and knowledge of accounting standards under IFRS and FRS 101.
KEY SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
* Excellent knowledge of FRS 101 and IFRS
* Able to set up financial statement and tax preparation & filing
* Expert knowledge of local tax and legal compliance
* Knowledgeable in ERP systems
* MS Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
* Oracle finance applications knowledge is considered an asset
* Analytical Thinking
* Problem Solving/Decision Making
* Customer Focused, want-to-help attitude
* Business Partner
* Strong Communicator
* Highly Organized
* Autonomous & Flexible
* 100% respect for deadlines
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION:
* Proficient in the English Language (written and spoken) is required
* Recognised accounting qualification with at least 3 years' experience
* Experience in working in a complex high-volume multi-site international services organization
* Experience in working with auditors and internal controls within a SOX control environment
* Experience, proficiency and comfort in communicating and working effectively at various levels
*Finance - 5 year(s)
*Finance & Accounting - 5 year(s)
The JM Group is operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. The JM Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.