23 days ago
Job type: Permanent
Salary expectations: £28,000 - £32,000 DOE
Our client, a leading insurance group based in the City of London with offices in Bermuda, Copenhagen, Dubai, and Singapore, have a unique opportunity to join their Finance Team.
They are now hiring for an Accounts/Operations Team Leader to join their Ipswich office on a full-time, permanent basis.
This role offers hybrid working.
To undertake day to day duties in relation to finance and operational process, whilst assuming responsibility for the Accounts Team, ensuring effective delivery of the service required to support the Underwriting and Claims books of business.
* Manage the Accounts Team to ensure smooth delivery of accounting functions.
* Production of monthly accounts within the set timelines.
* Quarterly VAT Returns.
* Maintain reconciliations within the Accounts department.
* Providing accounting information and other management reports.
* Assist with the general accounting tasks within the Accounts department, including input, reconciliations and maintaining accurate records.
* Assist in managing office operations in terms of workplace management, FCA returns, Compliance, SMCR, Health & Safety etc.
* Provide focal point for day-to-day operational matters working with management to implement process efficiencies
* Develop and apply a thorough knowledge and understanding of the insurance market and underwriting process. Be familiar with basic policy features, benefits, exclusions and warranties.
* Liaise with other departments as required.
* Attend training sessions and other meetings, as and when required
* Assist brokers/clients on insurance and accounting matters
* Endeavour to pay agreed claims in a timely manner to adhere with relevant guidelines
* Adhere to FCA rules regarding the handling of insurance premiums.
* Complete accounting functions within the required deadlines
* Ensure that customer complaints are promptly identified, recorded, and referred where appropriate.
* Ensure that the principles of Treating Customers Fairly are upheld by Agents and Service Providers.
* Experience working in an accounts department
* Experience leading a team
* Microsoft Office Windows
* Experience of using accounting software
* 2 A' Levels A-C or equivalent
* Ability to work without direct supervision
* Well-presented and business-like
* Good communication skills
In return, our client will provide a competitive salary and benefits package and an environment that reflects their company values and enables high performance and innovation.
The JM Group is operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. The JM Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.