Workshop Technician - Littlehampton
JPO - 1202197_1683187855
Up to £162 per annum
about 1 month ago
Daily rate: £162
Work Structure: Mon - Thurs (36 Hours + opportunity for overtime)
We are looking for a 'Workshop Technician' to join full-time on-site role. The role of the Vehicle Technician is to deliver vehicle mechanical and electrical service, maintenance, repair, and upgrade tasks on the full range of in-house products.
Applicants must be able to diagnose and repair mechanical, electrical and body related faults, in particular the successful applicant must have a high level of electrical knowledge and experience, coupled with strong fault diagnostic capabilities. As a Workshop Technician you be will involved with deep diagnostics and repairs on both standard automotive systems and bespoke to role systems (e.g., winches, auxiliary power systems, additional lighting, camera systems, high idle & hand throttle systems, etc.).
Candidates should be able to demonstrate their ability in these disciplines including a good understanding of modern petrol and diesel engines, braking systems, gearboxes, and the principles of electronic control systems. In addition, candidates should be able to identify and describe the function of electrical components, read system & circuit diagrams, and carry out fault diagnosis.
Maintenance and repair training on designed features will be provided.
Responsibilities of a Workshop Technician:
* Vehicle inspections and reporting.
* Servicing, diagnosing faults and repairing vehicles.
* Adhering to manufacturers standards and operating with a high level of efficiency.
* General workshop safety and cleaning duties.
* Reading, understanding, and following detailed work instructions and drawings.
* Assist the Workshop Manager on performance (KPI's).
* Contribute towards assisting in building a motivated team to increase morale.
* Has a minimum of a City & Guilds Level 3, or similar, in Automotive Repair or Vehicle Systems.
* Can demonstrate complex diagnostics and repair experience on both automotive / auto electronic / control / bespoke to role systems.
* Has an excellent computer literacy and is experienced in the use and operation of automotive diagnostic equipment (notably TechStream, Xentry, IDS, Tech Tool).
* Is numerate and literate to a level appropriate to the role.
* Has the ability to identify spares parts from parts catalogues and electronic media. Where not clearly identified, definition of a correct spare part shall need to be investigated.
* Significant experience in diagnosis and repair of mechanical, electrical and body related faults, in particular the successful applicant must have a high level of electrical knowledge and experience, coupled with strong fault diagnostic capabilities.
* Is eligible for UK Security Clearance to minimum Security Cleared (SC).
If you have the skills above, please do not hesitate and click apply.
The JM Longbridge Group is operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. The JM Longbridge Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.