£650 - £800 per day
6 months ago
The organisation has invested significantly in their state-of-the-art SaaS enable finance, HR and payroll systems, namely and principally Workday, Apttus, Sidetrade, Adaptive Insights & Blackline. They also have on-premise end of life Agresso system that needs care and attention. They are looking for a leader in Finance and HR Technology to ensure all these systems are optimally managed, including configuration and support, constantly enhancing business process, controls and user engagement in line with best practice for data, security and IT policy.
This role should provide strategic guidance and subject matter expertise on functional area capabilities and limitations, actively consulting with the global business units on requirements gathering, testing, training and release. The candidate will engage with Global Process Leads to determine how solutions achieve global adoption. They will be involved with the full lifecycle of product enhancements and fixes, proactively communicating with global stakeholders and ensuring adherence to industry best practice, actively engaging with Workday Community on future releases.
The role will work actively to encourage product innovation and alternative ways of approaching business, working with closely with the project teams to assist with the prioritization of projects, development of project plans and working on implementation, testing and training.
* Manage the WorkDay SaaS application support function, including issue tracking and associated MIS, for Finance, Payroll, HCM and any integrations
* Manage the IT application support function for other Finance and Corporate systems, as required
* Manage a team of analysts who will configure, test and support Finance solutions, in the UK and India
* Work with Global Process Owners (GPOs) and other stakeholders to understand and anticipate the needs of the business, evaluate Workday capabilities, and use this information to determine issues with the current set-up as well as insight into future development requests.
* Define and maintain functional product development strategy and roadmap.
* Clearly communicate issues and strategy recommendations to key stakeholders
* Proactively look for new Workday features and opportunities that benefit the business and end-user.
* Project manage implementations and integrations
* Prioritize enhancement requests, successfully balancing business needs and system capabilities.
* In-depth awareness of new and planned Workday functionality, actively engaging with the Workday community.
* Effectively communicate global impacts of changes to affected populations and actively participate in impact assessments.
* Maintain up to date documentation in tracking tools.
* Manage the Change Control Board.
Specific functional experience
* Bachelor's degree: Business, Financial Accounting, Human Resources or related field preferred; or equivalent experience.
* 3+ years of consulting, product management, program management or project management experience required.
* Experience managing / overseeing global projects preferred.
* Prior experience on at least one global HR/Finance technology rollout (preferably Finance)
* Experience implementing, maintaining, and/or supporting all of Workday HCM, Financial Accounting and Payroll.
* Workday Finance accounting certificate preferred, HCM considered.
* Experience supporting a global system for Finance and HR
* Experience with issue tracking systems, eg Jira, Azure
* Develop and manage multiple enterprise-wide project plans, meeting established deliverables and timelines.
* Ability to create detailed and complex test plans and detailed process flow diagrams
* Ability to create thorough and complex documentation.
* Recognised accounting qualification or demonstrate deep accounting knowledge.
* Ability to interact and communicate with customers of varying levels of system expertise.
* Ability to communicate in-depth business processes to technical resources.
* Ability to work with cross-functional teams with matrix management.
* Ability to conduct training and create impactful training materials.
* Ability to facilitate, conduct meetings, gather information, and present status.
* Demonstrated customer service abilities and problem-solving skills.
* Demonstrated good judgment and adaptability
The JM Group is operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. The JM Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.