City of London, London
£70000 - £80000 per annum
10 months ago
You will be responsible for the vision and direction for UI and UX Development for my client's platforms. You will own, define and drive technology and product usability elements of the roadmap. The role will provide expertise, best practice guidance and innovative thinking to allow the user interface to challenge the best currently available in the market.
This position is a multi-level role and will require hands on technology, design and architecture and UI/UX best practice, innovation experience and evangelization. Supporting the strategic direction of the product, challenging the status quo, mentoring the wider team and engaging with leadership.
In addition to the design, technical development and platform centric facets of this role, there will also be engagement with the solutions team to define and implement an OOTB user journey that will demonstrate the capabilities of the product and utilize the innovative features and thought leadership of modern cutting edge processes. Communicating and selling the approach and the product platform.
· Responsible for the vision and direction in relation to the development of my client's Platform User Interface and its associated technologies
· Contributes to the technical and product roadmap that defines platform features and enhancements for delivery in relation to user interface elements
· Responsible for standardization of user interface components, design patterns and supporting processes.
· Working with product owner to ensure that UI/UX requirements are considered as part of the Definition Of Read (DOR) for development activities
· Participate in and lead formal technology evaluations, technology proof of concept development, client demonstrations and presentations in respect of UI/UX functionality
· Actively participate in business requirements elaboration phases
· Facilitate knowledge transfer of functionality and frameworks to build wider skillsets and team capabilities in the R&D team
Skills and Qualifications:
· Bachelor's degree (B.End/B.Tech preferred)
· 10+ years' experience in commercial software product development within user interface design and development
· Ability to communicate confidently to build meaningful internal and external relationships
· Widely read in the area of UI and UX with a good understanding of current and future trends
· Background in agile processes, incremental improvements within product development of platforms
· Expert in client side technologies like HTML, Java Script, CSS
· Extensive hands on demonstrable experience of the following UI technologies and frameworks Angular, Vue, React, Bootstrap
· Responsible for evaluation and selection of technologies/frameworks/libraries used in the UI/UX layer.
· Understanding of e2e supporting technologies that support the SDLC and DevOps such as eclipse plugins, "cloud", jasmine, protractor, karma
· Understanding of ancillary toolsets and processes for UX design, storyboarding and wireframe technologies (Balsamiq and similar)
Please apply for immediate interview!
The JM Group is operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. The JM Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.