£25000 - £350000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Location: City of London (Hybrid)
Start Date: ASAP
The JM Longbridge Group are partnered with a leading insurance group headquartered in the City of London. They are now hiring for an Underwriting Assistant to work within their Energy Division.
This role is full-time, permanent role with hybrid working arrangements.
Working within the Energy Division, this role provides support to the Offshore/Upstream Team and helps to deliver its business plan.
* Assist in the review of new and renewal risks including slip analyses, perform rating/benchmark analyses and undertake premium monitoring
* Assist in aggregation analysis in conjunction with the underwriters and/or modelling/aggregation team as appropriate.
* Monitor risks written and that are due for renewal
* Prepare reports and statistical information as required by the underwriters
* Assist with the developments and enhancements of underwriting systems where applicable, e.g., new and/or enhanced benchmarking models, etc.
* Liaise with brokers and develop good working relationships with broking and support teams
* Liaise with other business areas as required, including credit control, claims, internal risk review, actuarial etc.
* Use market, industrial and other sources to enhance awareness of technical factors and developments relevant to portfolio underwriting and the offshore / upstream industry in general
* Attend market risk and client presentations and market body meetings as and when required
Manage the relationships with Customers, Agents, and Service Providers
* Advise, assist and service customers on insurance and risk matters to promote customers' satisfaction
* Foster positive relationships with customers and attain an understanding of their needs
* Ensure that customer complaints are promptly identified, recorded and referred as appropriate
* Ensure that the principles of Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) are upheld by Agents and Service Providers
* Relevant experience with a working knowledge of the Offshore Upstream Energy insurance sector, including practices and procedures
* Knowledge of the Lloyd's & / or Company Market
* Microsoft Office packages
* Good understanding of computer spreadsheets, particularly Excel
Education & Experience
* GCSE Maths grade B or above
* Minimum of 5 other GCSE's grade C or above
* 3 A Levels (A-C)
* CII - LM1/ LM2
* Progress towards ACII or equivalent
* Well-presented and business-like
* Professional outlook
* Flexible at all times
* Very good interpersonal skills
* Excellent organisational skills
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise at all levels
* Work as part of a team
* Adapt to a pressured environment
* Capable of working to a timetable when required
Specialist Training Available
* Range of internal and external courses to be considered as may be required
The JM Group is operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. The JM Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.