Solutions Architect - 6 month FTC - Retail space
City of London, London
£75000 - £85000 per annum + Plus £5k car and benefits package
over 2 years ago
* Support the Enterprise Architects in developing a future-proof IT strategy and technology plan, aligning it to the business strategy
* Responsible for the architecture of the digital technology domain, shaping and leading projects and ensuring its long term architectural health
* Provide direction and guidance to the Solution Architects
* Act as an escalation route for solution architects to help resolve architecture design issues
* Keeping the programme managers updated with any changes to risks, issues or solution
* Act as Lead Solution Architect on major programmes of work
* Create solution architectures that align with the EA standards and the IT roadmap
* Create the Initial Project Evaluation document at the scoping stage of projects, in conjunction with the Enterprise Architects
* Contribute towards policies, standards and guidelines that direct the selection, development, implementation and use of technology across the company
* Support the Solution Architects by providing advice on solution options and designs
* Keep up-to-date with developments in the IT industry and retail market
* Support the Enterprise Architect team in identifying and assessing new and emerging technologies and promoting awareness among and beyond the team
* Ensure that the project by project solution design is aligned with the strategic technology direction
Key Role Requirements
* 5+ years Solution Architecture experience in a complex, global organisation
* Significant experience designing solutions in a retail environment, i.e. analytics, product lifecycle management, warehouse management systems, e-commerce, ERP etc.
* Proven experience delivering packaged and bespoke IT solutions, that are scalable, reliable and cost effective
* Good experience of IT Architecture and knowledge of relevant frameworks (such as TOGAF and SOA), as well as the development of architecture principles and standards
* Demonstrable experience in IT industry standards, services, design, architecture principles design, architecture views and viewpoint design, building block design, solutions modelling and systems behaviour
* Knowledge of relevant technologies including document management, CRM/case management, BPM, web applications, portals, messaging and integration (Middleware), data management, etc.
* Ideally TOGAF certified, or equivalent
* Degree level educated, ideally in a technical discipline
If you are interested in this role, please apply in the first instance with an up-to-date copy of your CV.
The JM Group is operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. The JM Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.