City of London, London
£500 - £600 per day
about 2 months ago
Rate: c. £500 - £600 per day
Location: Central London
Duration: 6-month rolling contract as the work is for at least a year.
Start date: asap
Working arrangements: Hybrid (Remote/Office)
I am hiring a DevOps / C# developer to join an agile team working on upgrades and migrations on in-house projects .NET systems, and C# s/w changes for a global financial services company. this will include tech analysis to analyse existing complex systems potentially to simplify or consolidate and assist the app support team with 3rd line support.
* Experienced C# developer who is comfortable developing across both the UI and server-side.
* Experience in a dynamic IT environment ( preferably in Banking/Finance domain and ideally front office IT)
* Experience with Winforms, WPF, WCF, and importantly communication between Windows domains and networks
* Strong MS-SQL skills
* Proven experience in migrations, upgrades e.g. app migration to segregated environments, MS SQL upgrades. .NET upgrades, server migrations, etc.
* Experience working as part of a collaborative multi-disciplinary team
* Hands-on experience with 3rd party tools such as DevExpress/Bitbucket/Team city/SSIS and Couchbase
* Help with infrastructure projects - configs, migrations, and upgrades including potential .net updates, SSIS updates, app+web server migrations, migrations to new segregated environments, etc
* Development, release, and testing in relation to these
* Analyse and understand the existing equity derivative applications, document where necessary, potentially simplifying and consolidating
* Working with the application support team to resolve 3rd line support issues
* Liaising with infrastructure teams to help set up new IT hardware in segregated networks (Dev, UAT)
* Potentially implementing new interfaces
* Following the bank's standards and best practices in all the above
* knowledge sharing with team members in nearshore locations
The JM Group is operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. The JM Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.