Kraków, Lesser Poland
£180000 - £280000 per annum
over 2 years ago
You will be working within a team that is responsible availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, capacity planning and make existing sites more reliable, efficient, and scalable. This team is one that is specialised in systems e.g. networking, reverse engineering Windows DLL, Linux kernel, debugging storage latency, etc.
- Work in close collaboration with software development teams to shape the future roadmap and establish strong operational readiness across multiple departments and applications.
- Proactively identify systems that lack appropriate scaling, high availability and stability - as well as provide immediate corrective action for incidents and ultimately recommend long-term resolutions.
- Troubleshoot production issues across varying services and levels of the stack, be it network, storage, operating system or application.
- Complete root cause analysis (RCA) investigations and take ownership of issues utilizing end-to-end problem management methods.
- Must have an enthusiastic, go-for-it attitude. When you see something broken, you have the need to fix it.
- Debugging experience across different stacks - kernel, application, and network with tracing tools.
- Data informed mindset - you use data alongside your experience for problem analysis and resolution.
- Strong experience in log analytics and observability platforms like ELK, New Relic, Grafana and ability to construct complex queries.
- Experience in Windows, Linux and network administration.
- Understanding of configuration management tools such as puppet/chef
- Low level knowledge of kernel, network, storage, compute, TCP/IP, authentication and encryption.
It would be highly-desirable if you had any of the following:
- Proficiency in at least one object-oriented programming language.
- Troubleshooting skills in Docker, Kubernetes and service mesh such as Istio.
- Ability to articulate complex issues to business stakeholders in general terms.
Please apply for immediate interview!
The JM Group is operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. The JM Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.