City of London, London
£75000 - £85000 per annum + + benefits, hybrid working
13 days ago
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Location: City of London (hybrid arrangement)
Start date: ASAP
Our client is a leading international insurance company headquartered in London. They are now hiring for a Senior Reporting Accountant. This is a 4-month FTC with a mixture of remote and onsite work.
The role will be responsible for the preparation of entity financial statements and associated management information. The candidate will also prepare analytical tools and reports to support the information produced.
Senior Reporting Accountant Duties:
* Preparation of UK GAAP/FRS102 legal entity statutory financial statements for the group's UK subsidiaries.
o The responsibility includes all necessary liaison with parties involved in the process, in particular within the Finance area, to ensure the end result is delivered in the time-frame and standard required.
o Ensuring reports are produced in accordance with relevant timetables, and allowing appropriate time for management review
* Production of analytical tools and analytical memos supporting each one of the reports produced
* Support the audit process; liaising with internal and external auditors at the highest level and ensuring that all the information required is produced and the audits are completed on time.
* Contributing to a robust control environment:
o Maintaining a sound system of internal controls
o Responsible for the documentation of procedures affecting the areas under supervision
* Assisting the Syndicate Reporting Manager in oversight and management of the Reporting function:
o Providing support and guidance to junior team members
o Enhanced involvement in planning and coordination of deliverables.
Senior Reporting Accountant Requirements:
* Exposure to financial reporting as an accountant or an auditor.
* Exposure to the Insurance market as an accountant or an auditor
* Working knowledge of UK GAAP and Companies Act
* Advanced experience of using Excel
* Advanced report writing skills
* Very good verbal communication
* Exposure to insurance accounting standards
Education & Experience
* Qualification in accounting
* Able to deliver results under tight deadlines, showing flexibility when required
* Strong sense of accountability and ownership of the work assigned
* Emphasis on quality of the outputs produced
* Self-starter, requiring minimum supervision, with the ability to solve problems and find solutions
* "Can do" attitude and willing to take more responsibilities
* Strong communication skills at every level within the organisation
* Team player
The JM Group is operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. The JM Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.