City of London, London
£100000 - £130000 per annum + Benefits and Bonus
almost 2 years ago
Salary: Up to £130,000 basic salary plus 12% flexible benefits package, bonus etc.
Location: City of London
This complex, global FinTech organisation are leaders in their market space. They have created a brand new Architecture practice and are seeking a talented Senior Architect to drive the transformation and renovation of their Trading technologies, and contribute to the product strategy going forwards.
Reporting to C-Level, your role will focus on renovation and innovating around their business-critical Trading technologies You will enable the Solutions Architects and delivery teams to incorporate the strategy into the ongoing build and implementation of new products, processes and systems.
The right individual for this opportunity will be a thought-leader, communicator and influencer. Deep technical expertise is required, as well as an ability to think and act strategically and to enable ongoing delivery of business value is the objective.
* Drive the technology strategy and architecture across Trading technologies, leading a team of circa 10 Solution Architects
* Work in partnership with the business and technology leadership team to develop an integrated 3 year rolling roadmap of change initiatives which reflect business objectives
* Collaborate in the development and ongoing governance of the integrated delivery plans for change initiatives
* Identify and assess emerging technologies, understanding their potential benefit to the organisation
* Identify solutions and technologies for decommissioning and create roadmaps, ensuring it is aligned to the overall technology roadmap
* Lead a formal governance process to assess the merits of different technology options, evaluate strategic vendors selection and approve solutions.
* Inspire, motivate and develop a high performing solution architecture team across Trading Technologies, ensuring resourcing, recruitment, training and development needs are identified and met
* Ensure teams are adhering to best-practice across solution engineering, development, integration, testing, service introduction and release management
* Manage work effectively across the IT Architecture teams and perform agreed line management activities, establishing milestones, team objectives and performing team reviews
* Build an effective and motivational team environment, aligning behaviours, values and performance expectations across the team to deliver exceptional results
* Demonstrate strong stakeholder management skills and sets strategy to manage stakeholders
* Support the transition of activities to the new organisational model through visible and proactive leadership and provides input into plans and delivery
* Must be educated to Degree level, ideally in a STEM subject or equivalent
* Proven experience gained in an architecture role at a leadership level in a large, complex organisation
* Must have worked in a Financial Services environment, with exposure to Trading systems, transactional processing, etc.
* Demonstrable experience of building and leading high-performing teams, with experience managing workload, career development, appraisals etc.
* Experience helping organisations to overcome the challenges of multi-region, multi-channel, multi-brand digital products and services through the use of technology and data
* Ability to think and act strategically, working closely with C-Level executives and peers
* Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, particularly adept at articulating complex technologies to different business areas
* Create and maintain excellent relationships with stakeholders across business and technology functions
* Dynamic and ambitious leader, able to engage employees and motivate teams
If you are interested in this role and meet the above criteria, please apply via the link below in the first instance.
The JM Group is operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. The JM Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.