City of London, London
£45500 - £55000 per annum + + Benefits, Bonus
about 1 year ago
Reporting to: Financial Controller
Direct Reports: Three Payroll Administrators
Location: London (with some occasional travel to our Redhill office)
Contract type: Permanent/ Temp-perm
Salary: £45,500 - £55,000 (DOE) + 10% bonus
Compensation: The People's Pension for auto enrolment government pension scheme, private healthcare scheme, life assurance + 25 days holiday + UK public holidays.
Industry: Staffing & Recruitment
Staffing 360 Solutions, Inc. (NASDAQ: STAF) is a public company in the staffing sector engaged in the execution of a global buy-and-build strategy through the acquisition of domestic and international staffing organisations in the US and in the UK.
The company operates through three streams: Professional Staffing (US), Commercial Staffing (US), and Professional Staffing (UK). We focus primarily on supporting accounting and finance, information technology, engineering, administration, and commercial disciplines. The company, through its subsidiaries, offers temporary contractors and permanent placement services.
Responsible for the ownership of employee and contractor pay and bill, including the responsibility of raising and processing all of the company's client invoicing.
Maintaining and reviewing payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions for direct employees and contractors, including salaries, benefits, taxes, and other deductions.
Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
Responsible for managing the payroll team and liaise with other functional groups and professionals.
* Take complete ownership of the contractor process
* Payments made to umbrella companies
* PAYE contractors
* Ltd companies (Inside/ outside of IR35)
* Manages and is responsible for the timely and accurate processing within RSM InTime ensuring all deadlines are met for timesheet uploads and self-bill portals.
* Processing contractor expenses.
* Being the first point of contact for contractor payroll queries.
* Liaise with Umbrella companies.
* Maintenance of contractor records within RSM InTime.
* Building relationships with our Compliance team and the business.
* Working internally with recruitment consultants to resolve contractor payroll queries.
* Working with Compliance to ensure relevant documentation is received in a timely fashion to prevent delays in contractor payment and adheres to applicable labour regulations.
* General maintenance of the contractor supplier (e.g. Umbrella) ledger and banking records are kept up to date.
* Working with Credit Control to manage the credit and re-bill process.
* Submit data to our pension fund, reporting on pension contributions.
* Submit weekly and monthly RTI reports to HMRC and liaise where necessary.
* Collaborates with HR on monthly starters, leavers, sickness & absence records.
* Maintenance of staff records within RSM InTime.
* Maintaining a monthly timetable and manage the timing of commissions and bonus information and board approvals.
* Processing of the monthly staff payroll.
* Work with the financial accountant on department allocation of staff salary costs and reconciling of net wage, PAYE, and pension control accounts.
* Year-end procedures including P11D.
* Continuing training support for the team.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Consolidated experience as a Payroll Manager, experience within the Staffing industry would be advantageous.
* Current knowledge of payroll procedures and related laws.
* Strong organisational and leadership skills.
* Strong ability to build rapport with internal and external stakeholders.
* Attention to detail and data entry skills are essential.
* Ability to always interact in a professional manner.
* Presentation, communication, and influencing skills across a broad spectrum of people.
* Self-confident, enthusiastic and possess a strong work ethic.
* IT Literate - Intermediate level - Word & Excel.
* Exposure to Access Dimensions or other accounting packages will be advantageous.
The JM Group is operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. The JM Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.