£60000 - £65000 per annum + car, bonus, pension
almost 2 years ago
A leading Infrastructure Services client based in Hatfield are seeking a Data Architect to join their newly formed Data team. Reporting into the Head of Data, you will support the large, complex data transformation programme currently being rolled out across the organisation. We are looking for an excellent communicator, who has experience delivering scalable, big data solutions with good knowledge of data flows, data quality and data governance principles.
Day-to-day responsibilities will include:
* Work closely with business stakeholders from idea stage through to delivery, analysing business requirements and ensuring solutions meet business needs
* Document data architecture designs and data models
* Work on the newly built analytics platform; manage the data pipeline and ETL processes to ensure that data is gathered quickly, correctly and in a secure manner.
* Identify and discuss Business Intelligence and management reporting requirements with business users of all disciplines and levels of seniority, analysing requirements and managing data and reporting functionality to the main goal of improving MI output.
* Support the design and implementation of tailored data governance models
* Creation of data policies and standards
* Design, document and oversee technical implementation data architecture, support business project implementation and technical engineering of Enterprise Information Management platforms
* Define the data architecture for Enterprise Information Management projects based on business requirements
* Work with the Enterprise Solution Architect to ensure consistency of the architecture
* Document and present Enterprise Information Management solutions to key stakeholders
* Develop database and architecture documentation to share with management and implementation teams
* Exposure to data and analytics application build processes at all stages of the software development lifecycle
* Build and support enterprise-level data warehousing within Redshift
* Create and support insightful dashboards using QLIK/PowerBI
* Build and support efficient ETL process using AWS Glue
* Deliver timely reports and extracts
* Liaise with business SME's to understand requirements and needs across the business
* Proven experience working in a Data Architecture role in a Cloud based environment (ideally AWS)
* Strong understanding of data warehousing and Extract, Transform and Load (ETL), both at a software and hardware level
* Ability to document solutions clearly and concisely
* Extensive experience with SQL
* Proven experience of designing and delivering scalable, robust and secure data solutions
* Proven experience working with senior stakeholders and liaising with various business units
* Knowledge of Architecture frameworks such as TOGAF, Zachman and PEAF
* Strong understanding of information management practices
* Knowledge of data processes i.e. quality, governance, modelling etc
* Excellent knowledge of a range of BI Tools (QLIK/PowerBI), with experience of data visualisation and dashboards
* Excellent communication skills, with an ability to translate technical concepts to non-technical audiences
* Experience of pulling data from different APIs and integrating to Data Warehouse frameworks
* Educated to Degree level, ideally in Computer Science or equivalent
* Experience of building data catalogues and any associated tooling including Talend / Collibra / Informatica or IBM
* Agile experience would be highly beneficial
* Vendor application experience (e.g. Talend, Snowflake, or other Data Management tools)
* MDM (Master Data management)
* QLIK / Power BI report writing
If you are interested in this role and meet the above role requirements, please apply in the first instance with an up-to-date copy of your CV via the link below.
The JM Group is operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. The JM Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.