Manchester, Greater Manchester
£45000 - £50000 per annum + + car allow and benefits
9 months ago
Job Type: Full-time, permanent Location: Manchester
Benefits: £5,400 car allowance, 25 days annual leave with the option to buy additional days, private medical, life assurance, pension, and generous flexible benefits fund
***All candidates must be eligible for Security Clearance***
My client is a leading provider of business-critical support services to Government and UK public sectors. They are now actively recruiting for a Finance Manager to join the team in Manchester, northwest England.
The is a hybrid variable role with some work in their Manchester office. All employees are currently working from home. Their new offices will be open in April 2022 and employees will then have the option to attend the office.
This role will involve working directly with senior stakeholders such as heads of departments and Directors, providing insightful and useful analysis.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an organisation which supports employees in developing their career, training, and offers flexible working.
* Financially support/business partner
* Monthly close of (Monthly accounting adjustments/Variance analysis commentary/Forecasting);
* Manage revenue recognition of a key client service contract and additional charges;
* Update key financials P&L of a key client service contract and operational departments;
* Manage P&L forecast updates;
* Attend regular meetings with key operational leads to review performance;
* Produce cost/benefits analysis of various internal business cases;
* Develop and maintain financial models;
* Ad Hoc financial analysis & modelling;
* Deputising for others in the team as required to cover key roles.
* Qualified Accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW, CIPFA, etc);
* Previous experience in management accounts (Forecasting/Variance analysis/Performance reporting etc);
* Experience managing multiple stakeholders;
* Ability to work quickly and accurately with complex information and present in a clear format;
* Motivated, driven and keen to progress career;
* Keen attention to detail and an analytical nature;
* Confidence to challenge where numbers don't look right;
* Experience with Microsoft Office software particularly Excel, Word, Power Point;
* Flexible and adaptable to cope with a fast paced environment in a large organisation;
* Eligible for SC clearance.
The JM Group is operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. The JM Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.