Field Support and Integration Engineer
£42000 - £62000 per annum + private medicals, buy additional A/L
20 days ago
The Field Support & Integration Engineer is a key member of the Global Mobile Solutions Support team, which helps deliver and maintain best-in-class Satellite Connectivity services to Business and Commercial Aviation customers.
The Field Support & Integration Engineer plays a critical part in the service launch of new customers, supporting system activations, aircraft maintenance and over-the-air system checks for new and in-service installations of the onboard In-Flight Connectivity (IFC) solution. The Field Support & Integration Engineer ensures that all work is carried out in accordance with company's procedures and airline manuals, following EASA and FAA regulations.
Additional key responsibilities include providing training and both on-site and remote support to airline maintenance representatives during installation, activation and maintenance of the IFC equipment, including software loads and updates. This role works in collaboration with airline partners to support and close the daily maintenance issues. Verbal and written interaction with airlines and OEMs are frequent and must be delivered professionally.
The Field Support & Integration Engineer interfaces with internal and external stake holders and must be able to communicate effectively with diverse audiences including engineering teams, program management, customers, and third party partners & suppliers.
The Day to Day:
This position requires contributing to shared knowledge, documentation, training of peers and other stakeholders, and may require travel to company's other offices, customer locations, and airline maintenance locations up to 75%.
The ideal candidate will have an A&P or EASA part 66 license and a background in Business or Commercial Aviation aircraft systems, specifically electrical and avionics equipment maintenance, troubleshooting and testing. The critical nature of the work requires good judgement, initiative and specialised technical expertise to understand problems and develop recommended solutions. This role must be comfortable working both as part of a global team, and independently as a remote resource. Prior experience working in a remote/virtual team is a plus.
Experience with hardware and software elements involved in IP networking and satellite communication is preferred. Familiarity with UNIX/LINUX configuration, and ability to capture and interpret network traces is a plus.
What you'll need:
* 2+ years experience in a technically focused customer-facing or field support role
* Associate's Degree or equivalent experience in Aircraft Maintenance, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or other relevant discipline
* Ability to interpret technical manuals and schematics including engineering items supporting the installation and repair of the IFC system.
* Prior experience working in a field support capacity.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule in a 24x7 environment as needed to support round-the-clock operations.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present complex technical material to a variety of audience.
* Ability to travel 50%-75%, including internationally.
What will help you on the Job?
* A background in Avionics and Aircraft maintenance
* Prior experience with RF Satellite or Wireless Communication systems
* Prior experience in a Technical Support or NOC role
* Experience in IP networking
* Prior experience working with Linux/Unix
* Experience working on in-flight entertainment or connectivity systems.
* Experience working as part of a virtual team with remote supervision.
Please apply for more information!
The JM Longbridge Group is operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. The JM Longbridge Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.