8 days ago
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Location: Redhill (Hybrid)
Salary expectations: Competitive + benefits
The JM Longbridge Group are pleased to be working with a leading UK firm of auditors, accountants, and business advisers. Our client is hiring for a General Practice Manager to join their Redhill office, on a full-time permanent basis.
They look after a range of clients, with most in Technology, Real Estate, and non-profit sectors. They are a 4-partner office with audit and accounts team of 16 staff.
Purpose of the Role:
Responsible for a portfolio of clients (approx. £500k+ gross recurring fees), covering a variety of business activities, sizes, and structures. Having experience of FCA clients would be useful. The role requires experience within Audit 45%, Accounts 45% & Tax 10%.
You will demonstrate the highest technical standards, but also communicate those ideas to clients in a clear, concise and actionable way with minimal input from a Partner. You will be trusted to manage projects fully and to budget.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
* Day to day contact with MKS team, clients, HMRC and other professional advisors
* All aspects of audit and accounts assignment management:
* Delegating to and supervising of team
* Subsequent monitoring of team progress and managing projects
* Reviewing corporation tax computations and liaising with Tax Specialists
* Finalisation of file for Partner review, including the calculation of corporation tax
* Subsequent submission to HMRC and Companies House
* Overseeing and mentoring trainees during their training contract providing assistance when required
* Assisting in the motivation and supervision of staff (especially trainees)
* Attending client gatherings or client seminars on an ad hoc basis
* Identifying account development opportunities with clients and progressing these in liaison with the Partner
* Assisting with preparation and presentation of new client pitches
Skills and Experience:
* Qualified in ACA or ACCA
* 2 - 4 years PQE
* Experience of running own portfolio
* Current portfolio must have a minimum of 40% audit work
* FCA audit experience (desirable)
* High level of familiarity with UK auditing and accounting standards
* Ideally will have used Pro Audit and CCH in current role
* Ability to effectively identify and approach prospects and contribute to the development of the practice
In return, our client will provide a competitive salary and benefits package and an environment that reflects their company values and enables high performance and innovation.
The JM Group is operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. The JM Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.