PBL - 0008_1640872811
11 months ago
We've been bringing the latest fashion to the high-street since 1969. We're now a global, multichannel brand offering on-trend, value-fashion for women and men. Even after 50 years we've stayed true to our original mission of delivering fabulous products at a price our customers can afford.
It's our values that inspire us every day - we play to win, we are customer obsessed, we work as one…and it starts with you.
We are always on the lookout for talented, passionate people to join our team.
What does our IT team do?
We keep all our business technology and systems running and do everything we can to safeguard us from cyber threats. We partner all areas of the business to help plan, build, and implement new technology for now and the future, whether that be 3D fashion design technology, driving insight from big data with AI or transforming our omnichannel customer experience. Once implemented we make sure everything is running as it should and fix anything needed to keep our business going.
You will be responsible for:
Strategy, Governance & Planning
* Supporting our Enterprise Architects in developing and communicating an IT strategy and technology plan for the next 5 years, with buy-in from the business and coordinated with other architects
* Responsible for the architecture of your technology domain, shaping and leading projects in the area and ensuring its long term architectural health
* Providing direction and guidance to the Solution Architects
* Acting as an escalation route for solution architects to help resolve architecture design issues
* Keeping the programme managers appraised of any changes to risks, issues or solution architecture
* Acting as Lead Solution Architect on major programmes of work
* Liaising with programme managers and lead business analysts to ensure solution options are recommended in line with the best fit against requirements
* Creating solution options and solution architectures that align with the EA standards and the IT roadmap
* Creating the Initial Project Evaluation document at the scoping stage of projects, in conjunction with the Enterprise Architects
* Overseeing the project's Prepare phase to build the high level 'Solution Architecture and Design'.
* Contributing towards policies, standards and guidelines that direct the selection, development, implementation and use of technology across the company
* Supporting Solution Architects by providing advice on solution options and designs
* Taking an active role in vendor selection
Insight & Risk
* Keeping abreast with developments in the IT industry and retail market space to ensure that the solution architectures are kept in line with industry standard and only deviate for commercial benefit
* Supporting the Enterprise Architects in identification and assessment of new and emerging technologies and promoting awareness among and beyond the team
* Working with external suppliers to ensure that the appropriate technology direction is set with respect to applications
* Ensure that the project by project solution design is aligned with the strategic technology direction
* Minimum 5 years Solution Architect experience (or equivalent)
* Ideally TOGAF certified, or equivalent.
* Ideally educated to degree level in a technical subject
* Significant experience of designing solutions in one or more domains relevant to fashion retail such as analytics, PLM, WMS, e-Commerce, ERP, HR and Finance systems.
* Proven ability to deliver flexible, reliable, supportable, cost effective (packaged and bespoke) IT solutions
* Demonstrable experience in IT industry standards, services, design, architecture principles design, architecture views and viewpoint design, building block design, solutions modelling and systems behaviour
* Good experience of IT Architecture (and underlying frameworks such as TOGAF and SOA) including the development (and ensuring adherence to) architecture principles and standards
* Knowledge of relevant technologies including document management, CRM/case management, BPM, web applications, portals, messaging, and integration (Middleware), data management, etc.
* Proficiency in methods and techniques for structured reviews, including reviews of non-functional requirements, technical documents, test plans, business cases and other key deliverables
The JM Group is operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. The JM Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.