City of London, London
£65000 - £80000 per annum + private healthcare, company bonus
12 months ago
You will be responsible for design, implementation, and documenting enterprise data modelling solutions, which include the use of relational, dimensional, and NoSQL databases. These data models support enterprise information management, business intelligence, machine learning, data science, etc.
* Work with tools such as SAS EG and SAS DI
* Development of the conceptual, logical, and physical data models, the implementation of RDBMS, operational data store (ODS), data marts, and data lakes on target platforms (SQL/NoSQL).
* Understand and translate business needs into data models supporting long-term solutions.
* Work within the team to implement data strategies, build data flows and develop conceptual data models.
* Assist in leadership, technical and managerial expertise in the design, implementation, and maintenance of solutions
* Create and maintain conceptual, logical and physical data models using best practices to ensure high data quality and reduced redundancy, along with corresponding metadata.
* Optimize and update logical and physical data models to support new and existing projects.
* Perform reverse engineering of physical data models from databases and SQL scripts.
* Evaluate data models and physical databases for variances and discrepancies.
* Validate business data objects for accuracy and completeness.
* Analyse data-related system integration challenges and propose appropriate solutions.
* Review modifications to existing software to improve efficiency and performance.
Education & Skills
* 7-10 Years industry implementation experience with one or more data modelling tools such as Erwin, ERStudio, PowerDesigner etc.
* Minimum of 6 years of data modelling or similar experience
* 5-7 years of management experience required
* Experience in data analysis and profiling
* Strong data warehousing and OLTP systems from an integration perspective
* Strong understanding of data integration best practices and concepts
* Strong SQL skills required scripting preferred
* Experience with major database and big data platforms (e.g. SAS, RDS, Aurora, Redshift, Databricks, MySQL, Oracle, PostgresSQL, Hadoop, Snowflake, etc.)
Please apply to discuss further.
The JM Group is operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. The JM Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.