City of London, London
£75000 - £90000 per annum + private healthcare, company bonus
12 months ago
You will be responsible for design, implementation, and documenting data architecture and enterprise data modelling solutions, which include the use of relational, dimensional, and NoSQL databases. These data models support enterprise information management, business intelligence, machine learning, data science, etc.
* Work with tools such as SAS EG and SAS DI
* Understanding and translating business needs into data models supporting long-term solutions.
* Work with the team to implement data strategies, build data flows and develop conceptual data models.
* Providing leadership, technical and managerial expertise in the design, implementation, and maintenance of solutions
* Creating and maintaining conceptual, logical and physical data models using best practices to ensure high data quality and reduced redundancy, along with corresponding metadata.
* Optimizing and updating logical and physical data models to support new and existing projects.
* Development of best practices for standard naming conventions and coding practices to ensure consistency of data models.
* Recommending opportunities for reuse of data models in new environments.
* Performing reverse engineering of physical data models from databases and SQL scripts.
* Evaluating data models and physical databases for variances and discrepancies.
* Validating business data objects for accuracy and completeness.
* Analysing data-related system integration challenges and propose appropriate solutions.
* Developing data models according to company standards. Guide System Analysts, Engineers, Programmers and others on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
* Reviewing modifications to existing software to improve efficiency and performance. Examining new application design and recommend corrections if required.
* Assistance with and support setting the data architecture direction (including data movement approach, architecture / technology strategy, and any other data-related considerations to ensure business value) ensuring data architecture deliverables are developed, compliance to standards and guidelines, implementing the data architecture, and supporting technical developers at a project or business unit level.
* Coordinating and consulting with the project manager, client business staff, client technical staff and project developers in data architecture best practices and anything else that is data related at the project or business unit levels
Education & Experience
* 7-10 Years industry implementation experience with one or more data modelling tools such as Erwin, ERStudio, PowerDesigner etc.
* Minimum of 8 years of data architecture, data modelling or similar experience
* 5-7 years of management experience required
* 5-7 years consulting experience preferred
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, Master's Degree Preferred
* Experience in data analysis and profiling
* Strong data warehousing and OLTP systems from an integration perspective
* Strong understanding of data integration best practices and concepts
* Strong SQL skills required scripting preferred
* Strong Knowledge of all phases of the system development life cycle
* Experience with major database and big data platforms (e.g. SAS, RDS, Aurora, Redshift, Databricks, MySQL, Oracle, PostgresSQL, Hadoop, Snowflake, etc.)
Please apply to discuss further!
The JM Group is operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. The JM Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.