City of London, London
£85000 - £100000 per annum + Bonus + Full Benefits
about 1 year ago
- Understand and translate business needs into data models supporting long-term solutions.
- Work with the Application Development team to implement data strategies, build data flows and develop conceptual data models.
- Create and maintain conceptual, logical and physical data models using best practices to ensure high data quality and reduced redundancy, along with corresponding metadata.
- Optimize and update logical and physical data models to support new and existing projects.
- Develop best practices for standard naming conventions and coding practices to ensure consistency of data models.
- Perform reverse engineering of physical data models from databases and SQL scripts.
- Evaluate data models and physical databases for variances and discrepancies.
- Analyse data-related system integration challenges and propose appropriate solutions.
- Develop data models according to company standards.
- Experience in developing SQL queries for extracting data from test and production databases to perform data analysis and data quality checks
- Experience with tools such as TOAD for data analysis, SQL assistant, Tortoise SVN
- Experience of developing robust and efficient SQL procedures, views and functions
- Experience with developing and optimising database structures, stored procedures, dynamic management views, DDL triggers, etc.
- Implementation experience with one or more data modelling tools such as Erwin, ERStudio, PowerDesigner etc.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, Master's Degree Preferred
- Understanding of cloud (Azure, AWS, GCP, Snowflake preferred) and on premises architectures
- Strong data warehousing and OLTP systems from an integration perspective
- Experience with major database and big data platforms (e.g. RDS, Aurora, Redshift, Databricks, MySQL, Oracle, PostgresSQL, Hadoop, Snowflake, etc.)
Please apply for immediate interview!
The JM Group is operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. The JM Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.