City of London, London
7 months ago
This role will assist in the day-to-day running of the Compliance Function.
* Monitoring and reporting of regulatory deadlines, compliance timetables and staff training requirements
* Management of countering financial crime procedures
* Maintaining compliance records, registers and files
* To undertake other appropriate tasks and projects within the Risk Department as required
* To contribute to the management and monitoring of effective, risk-based and commercially pragmatic compliance by all syndicates managed by the Insurance Group, with UK regulations (PRA and FCA), Lloyd's, overseas and EU insurance regulations, and international sanctions
* To assist in monitoring and reporting to ensure the company meets all regulatory and other deadlines, including alerting and reminding other business areas
* To review, monitor, investigate and report on all financial crime matters through the Compliance Manager
* To produce compliance timetables and regularly monitor adherence
* To complete regulatory applications, returns and forms as required, and maintain compliance records and files
* To assist in the preparation of the Annual Compliance Plan
* To assist in the resolution of customer complaints and ensure accurate reporting of complaints to Lloyd's and other regulatory authorities as appropriate
* To manage and monitor compliance with training requirements (including anti-money laundering and Code of Conduct)
* Day-to-day responsibility for distribution of regulatory information
* To conduct regular monitoring work and produce reports on findings, using RAG ratings and KPIs
* To conduct a weekly review of output from third-party sanctions screening software
* Relevant compliance assistant experience
* Experience of the insurance industry
* Intermediate knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
* Good working understanding of Lloyd's and/or overseas regulatory regimes.
* Good working understanding of the UK Regulatory regime (PRA / FCA).
The JM Group is operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. The JM Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.