SFU - 011_1658765596
25 days ago
3 months +
Location: Hybrid, London or Bristol office, both available.
Start date: ASAP
We have an exciting three-month contract opportunity for a Commercial Finance Manager (Risk, Control and Transformation) to support one of the world's leading communications service providers, working with their expert technologists to bring together the company's technical and commercial expertise to help them stand out from the competition.
The Finance Manager will oversee quality of ICOFR controls and their documentation on a monthly basis as part of month-end close, and you will lead on developing and implementing new controls as and when required, in accordance with ICOFR requirements.
The Finance Manager will understand the latest ICOFR requirements to do with Information Used in Controls (IUCs), End User Computing (EUCs) and Management Review Controls (MRCs) and you will utilise the latest visualisation tools and incorporate automation capabilities into existing ICOFR controls to monitor and enhance current reporting capabilities.
You will be responsible for:
* Managing, monitoring and maintaining fit for purpose ICOFR framework, overseeing compliance as part of month-end close, including compliance with "spreadsheet controls" like IUC, EUC and MRC. And including assurance process optimisation and offshoring.
* Designing and implementing ICOFR testing procedures (incl. IUC/EUC testing) for situations where underlying IT General Controls are not operational.
* Supporting the delivery of transformational programmes within the larger finance transformation strategy.
* Implementing the latest data analytics, visualisation and dashboard tools (such as Qlik Sense and Power BI) to suitable areas, work with the team to encourage uptake and identify further use cases.
* Responsible for leading on ISAE3402 (SOC1) implementation in Technology's service organisation and ensuring the company's management are equipped with relevant 3rd party assurance.
* Enterprise Risk lead for Technology finance responsible for a variety of risks with potential material financial impacts
* Summarising and presenting outcomes of control compliance and assurance to the Senior Leadership team.
* Demonstrating highest standards of audit methodology. Proactively keeping informed of market practice and developments, to ensure skills and capabilities within the team are market leading.
* Owning the relationship with external auditors and acting as liaison for internal audits with Technology units.
* Working on ad hoc projects related to financial control and the ongoing transformation of the finance function, including exploiting new technology and capabilities.
You will have:
* A relevant degree (Accounting/Business/Computer science) and you will be a fully qualified accountant (e.g. CIMA, ACCA, IIA, CISA, CA)
* Audit/consultancy experience in a top tier Professional Services Firm and commercial/industry experience in a ICOFR (or SOX) Listed Company
* A thorough understanding of ICOFR/SOX requirements and their impact on business controls, including implementation of IUCs, EUCs and MRCs
* Experience of implementation of ISAE3402 and SOC reporting requirements is desirable.
* Proven ability to manipulate, enhance, transform, validate and report data to produce meaningful analytics dashboards. Knowledge of visualisation tools (e.g. Qlik/Power BI) a plus.
* Demonstrable understanding of COSO and ISO9001 framework and requirements are advantageous.
* A track record of effectively influencing stakeholder requirements
* Strength of driving a customer centric approach in all financial processes.
* Experience of financial management and delivery of improved financial performance.
* An ability to translate complex financial outcomes to senior financial and non-financial stakeholders through both oral and written communication.
If you would like to provide services to a business whose reputation is built on delivering large scale technology infrastructure , we would love to hear from you.
The JM Group is operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. The JM Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.