£28000 - £32000 per annum
3 months ago
Job type: Permanent
Salary expectations: £28,000 - £32,000 DOE
Our client, a leading insurance group based in the City of London with offices in Bermuda, Copenhagen, Dubai, and Singapore, have a unique opportunity to join their Finance Team.
The Underwriting/Accounts department is Ipswich is now hiring for an Accounts Assistant to join their team on a full-time, permanent basis.
This role offers hybrid working.
To assist both the Underwriting and Accounts departments with the tasks required to deliver and maintain the service required to support the Underwriting book of business.
* Develop and apply a thorough knowledge and understanding of the insurance market and underwriting process. Be familiar with basic policy features, benefits, exclusions and warranties.
* Understand and assist with the underwriting process, to include assisting the underwriters in the production and distribution of policy documentation, as per the Underwriters instructions.
* Input and maintain accurate records within the Underwriting and Accounts systems and capture relevant data to allow for the successful monitoring and analysis of risks written.
* Assist with credit control, chasing bad debt & working with underwriters to recover funds
* Liaise with brokers and policy holders to obtain information to produce insurance documentation and chase for outstanding premium/adjustments/declarations.
* Raise invoices/credits as required in relation to the policy wording.
* Maintain reconciliations within the Accounts department.
* Assist with the smooth running of the Accounts department including banking and remittances made.
* Liaise with other departments required.
* Liaise with brokers and clients to develop good working relationships.
* Attend training sessions and other meetings, as and when required
* Assist brokers/clients on insurance and accounting matters
* Endeavour to pay agreed claims in a timely manner to adhere with relevant guidelines
* Adhere to FCA rules regarding the handling of insurance premiums.
* Complete accounting functions within the required deadlines
* Ensure that customer complaints are promptly identified, recorded and referred where appropriate.
* Ensure that the principles of Treating Customers Fairly are upheld by Agents and Service Providers.
* Relevant experience
* Basic understanding of GAAP accounting
* MS Office
* 5 GCSE passes (minimum Grade C or new grade 5), including Maths and English
* 2 A' Levels A-C or equivalent
* Ability to work without direct supervision
* Well-presented and business-like
* Good communication skills
In return, our client will provide a competitive salary and benefits package and an environment that reflects their company values and enables high performance and innovation.
The JM Group is operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. The JM Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.