£45000 - £50000 per annum + + Benefits, REMOTE WORKING
about 1 month ago
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Location: REMOTE - ANYWHERE
Our client is a leading global medical technology company, who are now looking for an Accounting Manager to contribute towards their finance department.
The Accounting Manager will have the opportunity to make a difference by fully owning Irish Balance sheet and P&L management, supporting UK Financial Controlling activities, internal control to ensure the compliance of the processes with Group guidelines.
You will collaborate with the team, to share, build together and meet goals. As the Accounting Manager, you will be directly responsible for the operations team.
Key duties and responsibilities:
Average time: 20%
* Supervise operations team of 3, managing direct and indirect purchasing within UKI and a team of 2 finance assistants managing car and travel expenses, payroll and finance project management
* Mentor and coach team members
* Coordinate and support team in payroll queries. Assist in preparation if required
Average time: 30%
* Ensure the application of the Internal Control Program in adherence with Group methodology
* Provide process expertise with regard to internal controls: timely identify potential changes in the business processes and management's areas of concern what regards governance and internal control issues.
* In interaction with Company Internal Control Officer contribute to the roll-out and enhancement of Global Internal Control guidelines
* Monitor internal control and maintain internal control documentation.
* Test effectiveness of internal control and document results for management review - self-assessment.
* Assist in responding to internal audit inquiries.
* Assist departments in developing/implementing corrective action plans to address any deficiencies noted during the audit or self-assessment of business processes
Finance Controlling Ireland & UK
Average time: 40%
* Month-end financial close support including, but not limited to, journal entry preparation, account reconciliation and accrual analysis
* Own operational expenses forecasting process
* Provide support during year-end statutory financial statement preparation
* Own and coordinate Irish external audit process and ensure all information is provided in a timely and accurate manner during reviews and annual audit
* Supervise shared service center R2R, O2C, P2P
* Familiarity with Financial Statement preparation and taxation (VAT/ Corporate tax)
* On and off balance sheet risk management
Average time: 10%
* Liaise with other departments (Logistics, Sales, Aftermarket, Business Controlling, Credit management) to ensure proactive collaboration and assess financial impact of current and future decisions
* Go to person for Irish subsidiary finance related queries
* Support payroll related queries from team
Ideally you will be a Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA accountant with 3+ years in similar finance role in a multinational company. Experience in an Audit firm is a plus.
IT Skills: Microsoft Office package (excel and power point advanced), knowledge of SAP FI/CO (Finance and Controlling) required
* Good knowledge of accounting procedures, policies, regulations, and rules
* Time management and ability to respond quickly to new requests;
* Stress management capability;
* Positive thinking attitude
* Experience with SAP
* Excel proficiency
* Excellent attention to detail
* Good organizational skills;
* Excellent teamwork skills, problem solving orientation and proactive and positive attitude
Our client offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including wellness and training programs, to ensure we support your well-being and goals. These will be further discussed.
The JM Group is operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. The JM Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.